The Consortium maintains an online database for local and regional businesses, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies to post internship opportunities for area college students. More than 530 employers have posted approximately 1,000 internships on the site.
College Student Resources
The Consortium offers a wide array of academic and social resources for its students. Through a collaboration among member institutions, the Consortium facilitates three major academic programs—the Certificate in College Teaching Program, the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC), and the Tuition Waiver Program. Consortium students can access our new internship database, scan the master lists of courses and majors at member institutions, participate in cross-registration, view the schedule for the Consortium shuttle bus, and take advantage of the numerous opportunities to interact with students from other campuses.
- Academic Calendar - Important semester dates at each college
- Master List of Majors & Degrees
- Master Course Database
- Health Professions, Biomedical Research & Biotechnology Resources Directory
- Cross-registration – Undergraduates may take courses at other Consortium institutions.
- Career Services
- Internship Database – Employers may register opportunities and students may search for internships.
- Consortium Member Institution Libraries
- Certificate in College Teaching – Graduate students and professionals interested in teaching at the college level may take individual courses or earn a certificate.
- Reserve Officers’ Training Corps - ROTC programs are offered at College of the Holy Cross (Navy ROTC) and WPI (Air Force ROTC, Army ROTC). Students at other Consortium institutions may participate through cross-registration.
- Undergraduate Shakespeare Conference
- 2013 Community Engagement Student & Faculty Awards
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Consortium Shuttle – An hourly bus makes a circuit between downtown and six Consortium colleges.
- CityRide - Your ride from campus to downtown Worcester and back on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Worcester Regional Transit Authority (WRTA)
- Annual Shrewsbury Street College Shuffle - When the college community gets to sample items from the menus of popular places on "Restaurant Row" - September 15, 2012.
- 3rd Annual Consortium's Got Talent - Competition on November 1, 2012, at Hanover Theatre
- Consortium Concert - Sean Kingston, April 2, 2012, Hanover Theatre - a discount card just for Consortium students
- MY Worcester Tours - tours welcoming students to Worcester and showing them some city highlights. Watch our video created by Telegram.com:
- Woo Card - a FREE discount card for Consortium students
- UPass - a Mt. Wachusett season ski pass for college students
- Area Student Discounts - A list of some of the area businesses that offer discounts to college students.
- Downtown Worcester Popular Venues Map - Click on sites listed on this page to locate them on the Google map. Then click the pop-up links for more information about each venue. (This includes downtown Woo Bus, Consortium Shuttle and WRTA stops.) For a printable map, download this PDF.
- Worcester Rocks Video
- Multicultural Resource Guide - a resource to help new faculty, staff and students of color find the resources
they need to feel welcome and at home in our community.
The Consortium promotes opportunities for students to get off campus and have fun at member colleges and within the city and region. To spread the word, the Consortium has Myspace, Twitter and Facebook accounts; search for Colleges of Worcester Consoritum. Use the SocialWeb, an online calendar of events in the region and beyond. Or click on the "Worcester & the Region" link in our navigation bar (to the left) to find links to cultural organizations, entertainment and attractions in the area.