With local partners, the Consortium provided EOC (Educational Opportunity Center) services in Boston, Lynn, New Bedford, Pittsfield and Springfield; ETS (Educational Talent Search) services in New Bedford and Springfield; and GEAR UP services in Holyoke, New Bedford and Springfield.
Woo Tube 101 video contest offers $1,000 prize
Release Date:November 12, 2009
Attention Worcester college students: Grab your video cameras, cell phones, digital cameras and computers and make a 3-5 minute video that promotes Worcester and/or the region for the chance to win a $1,000 cash prize!
How to enter:
When you're done filming/editing your video:
- Post it to YouTube beginning on February 1, 2010
mvigneux [at] cowc [dot] org (E-mail) us the YouTube link to your video (mvigneux [at] cowc [dot] org)
(Include your name, school and a contact telephone number)
- Promote your video to friends, family and fellow college students
But here's the catch...we're not going to pick the winning video. YOU are! The video with the most views on YouTube from February 1 to February 15, 2010 will win the Woo Tube 101 intercollegiate competition prize of $1,000!
All eligible entries will be displayed on the Consortium's YouTube channel during the contest.
- All videos must be posted to YouTube beginning on February 1, 2010. Videos uploaded to YouTube before February 1 will not be eligible.
- All entrants must be enrolled at least part-time at a Consortium institution and must have a valid .edu e-mail address.
- The winner will be announced on the Consortium Web site (www.cowc.org) at noon on Monday, February 15, 2010 and will be cut a check for $1,000.
- The Consortium reserves the right to remove any video from the contest which is deemed offensive, inappropriate or does not promote Worcester and the region. If a video is removed from the contest, the entrant will be notified via e-mail.
Contact Mike Vigneux, director of public affairs, at 508-754-6829 x3016 or mvigneux [at] cowc [dot] org.